9.8.15

Facebook is Wonderful

When I joined Facebook, I thought it would provide a way for me to stay connected with family and friends and receive updates on activities in their lives. However, I was not expecting a picture of a child upchucking into a kidney-shaped container, videos and posters copied from the internet, recipes, sales pitches, political rants, ideas for decorating homes and landscaping yards, health advice, weight loss challenges, tips on dating, and concern for a lion I only recently discovered existed.

Having seen hundreds of things posted by people who obviously don’t give much thought to their actions, I assumed that anything goes in the world of Facebook. Then a young friend posted a picture of her diaper-clad one-year-old sitting in a high chair eating chocolate pudding. That apparently offended the person who reported it to Facebook as “nudity.” Subsequently, Facebook notified this sweet young mom that the picture would either be removed or flagged with a warning for potential viewers. What? (I loved the precious picture of that little girl covered in pudding.) 


 Dear Facebook Friend,

What I really want is to know how you are doing and what you are up to at this time. And please post some pictures you took yourself.

Best wishes for the day.
Vee







4 comments:

  1. I enjoy the original content that some FB friends post. I like being in contact with friends and family that I wouldn't hear from. I do not like most of the "shared" items. Some are cute, but most are not worth the bandwidth. I love my friends and family and so I keep my silence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook is a great way for me to stay connected with family and "watch" our great-grandchildren grow up even though they live hundreds of miles away. Our grandson, who is being deployed tomorrow night, posted a picture that was taken today with three other marines. This is very special to me.

      Delete
  2. Yes. The news feed is so cluttered with the sort of junk you listed that the family things I'd like to see have long disappeared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla, personal posts do become lost in the clutter. Apparently some people do not consider their lives to be as interesting as, say, a political rant.

      Delete