Grandson, Jacob Walker, and his wife Nicole came to visit us July 20 - 22. The same day they left, we traveled to Michigan to visit our daughter and son-in-law, Joanne and Michael Mruzek. While in Michigan we enjoyed:
- a great day at Greenfield Village.
- a tour of Jo and Michael’s “home-in-progress.”
- gourmet meals cooked by Jo and Michael.
- time with Grandson, Kyle Donovan, and his wife Kristi.
- time with Granddaughter, Megan Fuller.
- holding and playing with Great-Grandchildren, Sophia & Greyson Fuller and Mackenzie Donovan.
- shopping in historic Tecumseh, MI.
- a craft fair in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Sunday worship at St. Andrew Church in Saline, MI.
On July 28, we motored to Chicago where we visited with Daughter-in-Law, Nancy Powers, and Granddaughter, Katy Powers. While in Chicago we:
- had a delicious lunch at the Salvation Army Harbor Light Center.
- went to the site of the new Salvation Army Freedom Center.
- enjoyed delicious cherry pie cupcakes at a downtown bakery.
- got a new recipe for “Hoosier Pie.”
Late that afternoon we traveled to Bourbonnais, IL, to see our son, Merrill Powers, who was teaching a one-week class at ONU. While in Bourbonnais we:
- toured the ONU Campus.
- talked with a young man who is on the Chicago Bears staff.
- saw where the Bears train (no Bear sightings, though).
- enjoyed dinner at a restaurant of Merrill’s choice.
On July 29th we arrived home. Tired, but happy!