8.1.18

No Resolutions



The holiday season was busy in our household and I did not even think about New Year’s Resolutions. So in place of resolutions this year, I have copied a C. S. Lewis quote and placed it where I will see it often.

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.”

I need to be reminded of this when I am overwhelmed by memories of failure and feel regret.

“My flesh and my heart faileth: [but] God [is] the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.” ~ Psalm 73:26



Clipart from clipartsgram. com

4 comments:

  1. It can be hard to leave the past in the past. Seems to me that Lewis has given us the key to open that portal and then move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lewis shared a lot of wisdom with the world, one of the many great ways in which God used him.

      Delete
  2. Good one; and

    Though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,
    but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes. -Prov.24:16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla, here's to hoping I'm not in the stumble group. : )

      Delete