14.11.17

Two Golden Days

A small piece of newsprint that I found in a New Testament that belonged to my Dad is titled, “Two Golden Days.”

“. . . There are two golden days about which I never worry: yesterday and tomorrow.  Those days belong to God. Therefore, that leaves me only today. Any man can fight the battles of just one day. ‘Oh, friend, it is only when we add the burden of those two eternities – yesterday and tomorrow – that we break down. Those are God’s days. Leave them with Him. Therefore, I will journey just one day at a time.’ ” 


This torn section from a printed page is now in my Bible. May the words be so for me!




~ Sunset picture from non-solo-arte. com

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to go through life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secondary Roads, my dad had a way of shaking it off and dealing with life as it came. When he got older he did verbalize that he wished his life had been more meaningful. It became hard for him see his past accomplishments. Such is old age!

      Delete
  2. "Sufficient unto the day. . . Take no thought for the morrow. . ." as Scripture says, or as Kris K put it in his song, "Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never be mine. . . "
    Live this day, live it well, and enjoy the fruits of your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla, trying to enjoy every day but most include not feeling useful - unless attempting to fix a computer that shuts down on me is useful.

      Delete