13.4.15

The Truth About Me

Part of my job description these days reads, “ Accept the train wreck that is your life.” Unlike during my past life when I was employed and involved and all was going smoothly, things now seem to regularly fall apart.

This past week serves as an example of my new reality. Little issues that at one time might have elicited no more than a smirk now cause me to have angry responses. So, while listening to some women on a TV show whine about discrimination, I loudly said, “Oh, just get over it. Being a woman is not sufficient. It’s also necessary that you be capable.” Then I found myself steaming over the fact that women organize exclusive groups for the purpose of affirming that they are just as good and wonderful and capable as are men. I'm pretty sure that successful women do not need groups and organizations to prove their worth. Picture Mother Teresa sitting around complaining about the “glass ceiling.” Apparently the call she heard was so compelling that she had no time to organize a complaint group. She just went to India and excelled.

But anger isn’t my biggest issue. Failed projects occupied most of my time this past week. In my other life I hired people to do odd jobs. Now projects belong to me. Short of burning the place down and starting over, I’m not sure how to fix the things that went wrong. I did, however, send a plea for help to a company whose product was a part of one of my failed efforts. With luck (which actually has never been a part of my life) the company problem-solver will provide a solution for fixing this big fail. Hopefully, the solution will save my space from becoming a pile of ashes.

So while my Facebook posts still portray a fairly well put-together older lady, a current snapshot would reveal the train wreck that is my actual life.



Picture from Whistle Stop Frozen Custard – Ferguson, MO

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I just looked in a mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secondary Roads, I'm happy to discover I'm not the only one.

      Delete
  2. Perhaps this is what is meant by the the saying, "The truth hurts." I feel your pain. I tried to thread a needle yesterday, and it took me 5 minutes. I am not sure whether it was my fingers, nerves or eyes, but well.....you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illene, some days, week, months ... . Well, they just don't hang together well.

      Delete