9.4.13

Moving


Colorado has been my home at two different times in my life for a total of twenty-two years. In a little over five weeks a moving truck will once again be at our door and I will move away from this place that I love.
I will miss the beautiful mountains, the wildlife in our condo complex, and the many fun activities including: the parades (Christmas, rodeo, and Veteran’s Day); the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo; the street breakfast; the Seven Falls at Christmastime; walks in the Garden of the Gods; the views of Pikes Peak and the Garden of the Gods from our decks; trips to Estes Park, Breckinridge, and Grand Junction; shopping in Denver; wonderful friends; and the cool, dry summers.
I have taken hundreds of pictures during the past eight years. I share just a few here (including Christmastime in our condo).







We will soon be in a new home in Olathe, Kansas, and I will remember:

A house is bricks and wooden beams,
A home is made of love and dreams.  © V4C




6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you sold your place. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meggy, it happened very quickly. We sold mid-March and made an offer on a place in Olathe the same week. Now we're covered up in boxes. I read the other day that the average number of boxes needed to move from a three-bedroom home is forty. I'm finally above average in something! : )

      Delete
  2. It's not easy to move like that. At least hasn't been easy for us. Here's hoping your move and transition into life in the new location goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Secondary Roads. I know things will work out well, but as I get older the transitions seem to be harder.

      Delete
  3. Blessings as you move,
    blessings where you stay.
    Blessings for the two of you
    all along life's way!

    ReplyDelete