14.6.17

Down Memory Lane

A picture I received this week from my friend, Jeannie, sent me traveling down memory lane. Taken during one of the many celebratory parades Colorado Springs sponsors each year, this shot happens to be in front of Kress, the store where I worked while I was in high school.

I would guess that this picture was taken during the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo parade. I’m also guessing that I was standing somewhere along Tejon Street enjoying the festivities.


As a child and teenager, and then for eight years of my retirement, I enjoyed parades and city-sponsored activities in Colorado Springs: the rodeo parade, the Christmas parade, the Veteran’s Day parade, the street breakfast, and the cattle drive (just to name a few). Tejon Street, for me, is the street of fun and memories.



2 comments:

  1. Fun times; and all I got to do was work, work, work. 😉 By the way, I am not one of the boys sitting on the top of the Kress wall.

    ReplyDelete